28 October 2008 18:04
New Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4.0 CTP released with about same times new .NET logos.
Visual Studio 2010 and the .NET Framework 4.0 mark the next
generation of developer tools from Microsoft. Designed to address the
latest needs of developers, Visual Studio delivers key innovations in
the following pillars:
Democratizing Application Lifecycle Management
Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) crosses many roles within an
organization and traditionally not every one of the roles has been an
equal player in the process. Visual Studio Team System 2010 continues
to build the platform for functional equality and shared commitment
across an organization’s ALM process.
Enabling emerging trends
Every year the industry develops new technologies and new trends. With
Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4.0, Microsoft delivers tooling
and framework support for the latest innovations in application
architecture, development and deployment.
Inspiring developer delight
Ever since the first release of Visual Studio, Microsoft has set the
bar for developer productivity and flexibility. Visual Studio 2010
continues to deliver on the core developer experience by significantly
improving upon it for roles involved with the software development
process. .NET Framework 4.0 contains numerous improvements that make it
easier to develop powerful and compelling applications.
Riding the next generation platform wave
Microsoft continues to invest in the market leading operating system,
productivity application and server platforms to deliver increased
customer value in these offerings. With Visual Studio 2010 and .NET
Framework 4.0 customers will have the tooling support and the platform
support needed to create amazing solutions around these technologies.
Click for download Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4.0 CTP VHD Image
Click for more information about Visual Studio 2010 and the .NET Framework 4.0
24 June 2008 03:09
Paint.NET v3.35 Beta 2 Released
This releases introduces a new Posterize adjustment, a new Intersect selection mode, and dramatically improved performance for selection editing.
Changes since Beta 1:
Download Paint.NET v3.35 Beta 2
- Changed: When using a selection mode other than "replace", it will now draw the selection outline so that you can see both the original and resulting selection areas. Before, it would only draw the resulting selection area outline, which made modes such as Intersect hard to use.
- Changed: The canvas background is now a solid color instead of a gradient. The gradient was causing certain tone misjudgments related to bright versus dark colors.
- Changed: Shortcut key for Sepia is now Ctrl+Shift+E. The shortcut for Posterize is now Ctrl+Shift+P.
- New: When holding Ctrl or Alt for a selection tool, the cursor now has a plus or minus indicator.
- Fixed: The Resize dialog had some rounding errors with the "Maintain aspect ratio" feature, which caused a few discrepancies and even a spurious "out of memory" error.
- Fixed: Some quirks with the Color Wheel control for IndirectUI-based effect plugins.
- Fixed: Several miscellaneous and rare crashes.
- Fixed: The installer would display a bizarre error if a "blank" install folder was attempted.
- Fixed: The installer now only accepts absolute path locations, instead of relative ones. This fixes an ambiguity between where Paint.NET believes it is installing itself to, and the directory that Windows Installer actually uses.
22 June 2008 04:01
Notepad++ v5 Beta fixed bugs and added features (from v4.9.2) :
1. Improve Notepad++ performance - on startup and on exit.
2. Add Calltip capacity.
3. All the menu commands can be added in context menu, including plugins' commands, macros and user defined commands.
4. Add bookmarked lines operations : delete all marked lines, copy all marked lines into clipboard, cut all marked lines into clipboard, paste from clipboard to replace all marked lines content.
5. Fix crash bug : Open files with date pre-1970.
6. Fix clone mode bug : now the actions done in one view will be synchronized in the cloned view.
7. Add tooltips in document tab to display the full file name path.
8. Change hide lines behaviour : Hide lines now saved during switches.
9. Change file history list behaviour : Most recent closed file is on the top. Add number on list.
10. Caret width and blink rate are customizable.
11. Add asterisk in title bar if file is dirty.
12. The bookmarks' look & feel are improved.
13. Add "Select all" and "copy" context menu items in Find in files results window.
14. Fix goto line with command line bug.
15. Improve smart highlight / mark all / incremental search highlight all visibility
16. Tabbar's coulours is configurable via Stylers Configurator(Active tab Text, Inactive tab text, Inactive tab background, Active tab focused indicator and Active tab unfocused indicator).
17. Add the smart highlight file size limit - 1.5 MB in order to improve the performance.
18. Add exception handling (dumping filedata).
19. Fix go to line command line bug.
20. Enhance Find in files and Find in all opened files features' performance.
21. Fix dialog off screen problem under multi-monitor environment.
Included plugins :
1. TexFX v0.24a
2. NppExec v0.2 RC3.2
3. Spell Checker v1.3.1
4. MIME Tools v1.4
5. FTP_synchronize v0.9.6
6. NppExport v0.2.7.3
7. Compare plugin v1.5.1
8. Light Explorer v1.5
9. Doc Monitor v2.1
Notepad++ 5.0 Beta Download