29 June 2008 14:39
New version of the Pardus project, Pardus 2008,
improved by the latest technologies and up-to-date applications, has
been released. As always, Pardus 2008, is being freely distributed
under the terms of GNU General Public License (GPL). In compliance with
the main goals of the Pardus project, Pardus 2008 has lots of new
features for ease of installation and use, both at the infrastructure
and interface level. In addition Pardus 2008 provides enhanced hardware
support, stable and reliable Linux infrastructure and numeruous
applications on a single CD. You will go through a brand new experience
of freedom, using Pardus 2008
You may have a look at Release Notes to see what's new in Pardus 2008, and you may download Pardus 2008 from the Download page.
We wish you days in freedom, using Pardus 2008...
26 June 2008 10:23
How to manually extend the evaluation period
When the initial 60-day evaluation period nears its end, you can run the Slmgr.vbs script to reset the evaluation period. To do this, follow these steps:
1.Click Start, and then click Command Prompt.
2.Type slmgr.vbs -dli, and then press ENTER to check the current status of your evaluation period.
3.To reset the evaluation period, type slmgr.vbs –rearm, and then press ENTER.
4.Restart the computer.
This resets the evaluation period to 60 days.
How to automate the extension of the evaluation period
You may want to set up a process that automatically resets the evaluation period every 60 days. One way to automate this process is by using the Task Scheduler. You can configure the Task Scheduler to run the Slmgr.vbs script and to restart the server at a particular time. To do this, follow these steps:
1.Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Task Scheduler.
2.Copy the following sample task to the server, and then save it as an .xml file. For example, you can save the file as Extend.xml.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<Task version="1.2" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2004/02/mit/task">
3.In the sample task, change the value of the following “UserID” tag to contain your domain and your alias:
4.In the Task Scheduler, click Import Task on the Action menu.
5.Click the sample task .xml file. For example, click Extend.xml.
7.Click the Triggers tab.
8.Click the One Time trigger, and then click Edit.
9.Change the start date of the task to a date just before the end of your current evaluation period.
10.Click OK, and then exit the Task Scheduler.
The Task Scheduler will now run the evaluation reset operation on the date that you specified.
24 June 2008 20:33
What's New in TortoiseSVN 1.5
- Merge Tracking
- Sparse checkouts
- Cyrus SASL support for svnserve
- Changelist support
- Log message caching
- Repository browser
- Revision graph
- Client side hook scripts
if a Subversion 1.5 client encounters a pre-1.5
working copy, it will automatically
upgrade the working copy
format as soon as it touches it, making it unreadable by older
Subversion clients. If you are using several versions of Subversion
on your machine, you need to be careful about which version you use in
which working copy, to avoid accidentally upgrading the working copy
format. This "auto upgrade" feature, however, does not
with the new repository format.
Download TortoiseSVN 1.5
For more information
24 June 2008 20:32
What's New in Subversion 1.5
- Merge tracking (foundational)
- Sparse checkouts (via new --depth option)
- Interactive conflict resolution
- Changelist support
- Relative URLs, peg revisions in svn:externals
- Cyrus SASL support for ra_svn and svnserve
- Improved support for large deployments on FSFS, via sharding
- Improved FSFS optimizability, via immutable file isolation
- WebDAV transparent write-through proxy
- Improvements to copy and move
- Speed improvements, cancellation response improvements
- Easier to try experimental ra_serf DAV access module
- API changes, improvements, and much language bindings work
- More than 150 new bug fixes, enhancements
Working Copy and Repository Format Changes
The working copy format has been upgraded. This means that 1.4 and older Subversion clients will not be able to work with working copies produced by Subversion 1.5. Working copies are upgraded automatically.
Similarly, the repository format has changed, meaning that 1.4 and older versions of Subversion tools that normally access a repository directly (e.g. svnserve, mod_dav_svn, svnadmin) won't be able to read a repository created by Subversion 1.5. But, repositories are not upgraded automatically.
Working Copy Upgrades
WARNING: if a Subversion 1.5 client encounters a pre-1.5 working copy, it will automatically upgrade the working copy format as soon as it touches it, making it unreadable by older Subversion clients. If you are using several versions of Subversion on your machine, be careful about which version you use in which working copy, to avoid accidentally upgrading a working copy. (But note that this "auto upgrade" behavior does not occur with the repositories, only working copies.)
If you accidentally upgrade a 1.4 working copy to 1.5, and wish to downgrade back to 1.4, use the change-svn-wc-format.py script. See this FAQ entry for details, and run the script with the --help option for usage instructions.
The Subversion 1.5 server works with 1.4 and older repositories, and it will not upgrade such repositories to 1.5 unless specifically requested to via the svnadmin upgrade command. This means that some of the new 1.5 features will not become available simply by upgrading your server: you will also have to upgrade your repositories. (We decided not to auto-upgrade repositories because we didn't want 1.5 to silently make repositories unusable by 1.4 — that step should be a conscious decision on the part of the repository admin.)
After running svnadmin upgrade, you may wish to also run the svn-populate-node-origins-index program on the repository. Subversion 1.5 maintains a node-origins index for each repository, and builds the index lazily as the information is needed. But for old repositories with lots of revisions, it's better to create the index in one step, using the aforementioned tool, than to have live queries be slower until the index has built itself. See issue #3024 for details.
Download Subversion 1.5
For detail information
24 June 2008 03:09
Paint.NET v3.35 Beta 2 Released
This releases introduces a new Posterize adjustment, a new Intersect selection mode, and dramatically improved performance for selection editing.
Changes since Beta 1:
Download Paint.NET v3.35 Beta 2
- Changed: When using a selection mode other than "replace", it will now draw the selection outline so that you can see both the original and resulting selection areas. Before, it would only draw the resulting selection area outline, which made modes such as Intersect hard to use.
- Changed: The canvas background is now a solid color instead of a gradient. The gradient was causing certain tone misjudgments related to bright versus dark colors.
- Changed: Shortcut key for Sepia is now Ctrl+Shift+E. The shortcut for Posterize is now Ctrl+Shift+P.
- New: When holding Ctrl or Alt for a selection tool, the cursor now has a plus or minus indicator.
- Fixed: The Resize dialog had some rounding errors with the "Maintain aspect ratio" feature, which caused a few discrepancies and even a spurious "out of memory" error.
- Fixed: Some quirks with the Color Wheel control for IndirectUI-based effect plugins.
- Fixed: Several miscellaneous and rare crashes.
- Fixed: The installer would display a bizarre error if a "blank" install folder was attempted.
- Fixed: The installer now only accepts absolute path locations, instead of relative ones. This fixes an ambiguity between where Paint.NET believes it is installing itself to, and the directory that Windows Installer actually uses.
22 June 2008 04:01
Notepad++ v5 Beta fixed bugs and added features (from v4.9.2) :
1. Improve Notepad++ performance - on startup and on exit.
2. Add Calltip capacity.
3. All the menu commands can be added in context menu, including plugins' commands, macros and user defined commands.
4. Add bookmarked lines operations : delete all marked lines, copy all marked lines into clipboard, cut all marked lines into clipboard, paste from clipboard to replace all marked lines content.
5. Fix crash bug : Open files with date pre-1970.
6. Fix clone mode bug : now the actions done in one view will be synchronized in the cloned view.
7. Add tooltips in document tab to display the full file name path.
8. Change hide lines behaviour : Hide lines now saved during switches.
9. Change file history list behaviour : Most recent closed file is on the top. Add number on list.
10. Caret width and blink rate are customizable.
11. Add asterisk in title bar if file is dirty.
12. The bookmarks' look & feel are improved.
13. Add "Select all" and "copy" context menu items in Find in files results window.
14. Fix goto line with command line bug.
15. Improve smart highlight / mark all / incremental search highlight all visibility
16. Tabbar's coulours is configurable via Stylers Configurator(Active tab Text, Inactive tab text, Inactive tab background, Active tab focused indicator and Active tab unfocused indicator).
17. Add the smart highlight file size limit - 1.5 MB in order to improve the performance.
18. Add exception handling (dumping filedata).
19. Fix go to line command line bug.
20. Enhance Find in files and Find in all opened files features' performance.
21. Fix dialog off screen problem under multi-monitor environment.
Included plugins :
1. TexFX v0.24a
2. NppExec v0.2 RC3.2
3. Spell Checker v1.3.1
4. MIME Tools v1.4
5. FTP_synchronize v0.9.6
6. NppExport v0.2.7.3
7. Compare plugin v1.5.1
8. Light Explorer v1.5
9. Doc Monitor v2.1
Notepad++ 5.0 Beta Download
18 June 2008 03:08
What’s New in Firefox 3
Firefox 3 is based on the Gecko 1.9 Web rendering platform, which has been under development for the past 34 months. This new platform includes more than 15,000 changes to improve performance, stability, rendering correctness, and code simplification and sustainability. Firefox 3 is built on top of this new platform resulting in a more secure, easier to use, more personal product with a lot more under the hood to offer website and Firefox add-on developers.
- More Secure
- One-click site info: Click the site favicon in the location bar to see who owns the site and to check if your connection is protected from eavesdropping. Identity verification is prominently displayed and easier to understand. When a site uses Extended Validation (EV) SSL certificates, the site favicon button will turn green and show the name of the company you're connected to. (Try it here!)
- Malware Protection: malware protection warns users when they arrive at sites which are known to install viruses, spyware, trojans or other malware. (Try it here!)
- New Web Forgery Protection page: the content of pages suspected as web forgeries is no longer shown. (Try it here!)
- New SSL error pages: clearer and stricter error pages are used when Firefox encounters an invalid SSL certificate. (Try it here!)
- Add-ons and Plugin version check: Firefox now automatically checks add-on and plugin versions and will disable older, insecure versions.
- Secure add-on updates: to improve add-on update security, add-ons that provide updates in an insecure manner will be disabled.
- Anti-virus integration: Firefox will inform anti-virus software when downloading executables.
- Vista Parental Controls: Firefox now respects the Vista system-wide parental control setting for disabling file downloads.
- Effective top-level domain (eTLD) service better restricts cookies and other restricted content to a single domain.
- Better protection against cross-site JSON data leaks.
- Easier to Use
- Easier password management: an information bar replaces the old password dialog so you can now save passwords after a successful login.
- Simplified add-on installation: the add-ons whitelist has been removed making it possible to install extensions from third-party sites in fewer clicks.
- New Download Manager: the revised download manager makes it much easier to locate downloaded files, and you can see and search on the name of the website where a file came from. Your active downloads and time remaining are always shown in the status bar as your files download.
- Resumable downloading: users can now resume downloads after restarting the browser or resetting your network connection.
- Full page zoom: from the View menu and via keyboard shortcuts, the new zooming feature lets you zoom in and out of entire pages, scaling the layout, text and images, or optionally only the text size. Your settings will be remembered whenever you return to the site.
- Podcasts and Videocasts can be associated with your media playback tools.
- Tab scrolling and quickmenu: tabs are easier to locate with the new tab scrolling and tab quickmenu.
- Save what you were doing: Firefox will prompt users to save tabs on exit.
- Optimized Open in Tabs behavior: opening a folder of bookmarks in tabs now appends the new tabs rather than overwriting.
- Location and Search bar size can now be customized with a simple resizer item.
- Text selection improvements: multiple text selections can be made with Ctrl/Cmd; double-click drag selects in "word-by-word" mode; triple-clicking selects a paragraph.
- Find toolbar: the Find toolbar now opens with the current selection.
- Plugin management: users can disable individual plugins in the Add-on Manager.
- Integration with Windows: Firefox now has improved Windows icons, and uses native user interface widgets in the browser and in web forms.
- Integration with the Mac: the new Firefox theme makes toolbars, icons, and other user interface elements look like a native OS X application. Firefox also uses OS X widgets and supports Growl for notifications of completed downloads and available updates. A combined back and forward control make it even easier to move between web pages.
- Integration with Linux: Firefox's default icons, buttons, and menu styles now use the native GTK theme.
- More Personal
- Star button: quickly add bookmarks from the location bar with a single click; a second click lets you file and tag them.
- Tags: associate keywords with your bookmarks to sort them by topic.
- Smart Location Bar: type in all or part of the title, tag or address of a page to see a list of matches from your history and bookmarks; a new display makes it easier to scan through the matching results and find that page you're looking for. Results are returned according to their a combination of frequency, and recency of visits to that page, ensuring that you're seeing the most relevant matches. An adaptive learning algorithm further tunes the results to your patterns!
- Library: view, organize and search through your bookmarks, tags and browsing history using the new Library window. Create or restore full backups of this data whenever with a few clicks.
- Smart Bookmark Folders: quickly access your most visited bookmarks from the toolbar, or recently bookmarked and tagged pages from the bookmark menu. Create your own Smart Bookmark Folders by saving a search query in the Library.
- Web-based protocol handlers: web applications, such as your favorite webmail provider, can now be used instead of desktop applications for handling mailto: links from other sites. Similar support is available for other protocols (Web applications will have to first enable this by registering as handlers with Firefox).
- Download & Install Add-ons: the Add-ons Manager (Tools > Add-ons) can now be used to download and install a Firefox customization from the thousands of Add-ons available from our community add-ons website. When you first open the Add-ons Manager, a list of recommended Add-ons is shown.
- Easy to use Download Actions: a new Applications preferences pane provides a better UI for configuring handlers for various file types and protocol schemes.
- Improved Platform for Developers
- New graphics and font handling: new graphics and text rendering architectures in Gecko 1.9 provides rendering improvements in CSS, SVG as well as improved display of fonts with ligatures and complex scripts.
- Color management: (set gfx.color_management.enabled on in about:config and restart the browser to enable.) Firefox can now adjust images with embedded color profiles.
- Offline support: enables web applications to provide offline functionality (website authors must add support for offline browsing to their site for this feature to be available to users).
- A more complete overview of Firefox 3 for developers is available for website and add-on developers.
- Improved Performance
- Memory usage: Several new technologies work together to reduce the amount of memory used by Firefox 3 over a web browsing session. Memory cycles are broken and collected by an automated cycle collector, a new memory allocator reduces fragmentation, hundreds of leaks have been fixed, and caching strategies have been tuned.
- Reliability: A user's bookmarks, history, cookies, and preferences are now stored in a transactionally secure database format which will prevent data loss even if their system crashes.
Get Firefox 3 English
Get Firefox 3 Turkish
16 June 2008 08:47
For example you insert image in your master page and create an aspx file in subfolder.
In master page : <img src="Images/mustafaozcanblog.png" alt="Mustafa ÖZCAN's Blog" />
Sample.aspx file is in samples folder and it is use master page in root folder. Added images cannot be displayed in rendered sample.aspx page because images folder in root folder but samples.aspx page search it in samples directory.
So you have two ways solution for this problem:
1st Way: You must change this line for added image :
<img src="~/Images/mustafaozcanblog.png" alt="Mustafa ÖZCAN's Blog" runat="server"/>
2nd Way: You must change this line for added image :
<img src='<%=ResolveUrl("~/Images/mustafaozcanblog.png")%>' alt="Mustafa ÖZCAN's Blog" />
15 June 2008 08:50
If You are using JQuery in Visual Studio 2008, You will like JQery Intellisense. I looked for new version of JQuery-1.2.6-intellisense but I could not find . I found JQery-1.2.5-intellisense in this blog http://lancefisher.net/blog
I upgrade JQery-1.2.5-intellisense.js to JQuery-1.2.6-intellisense.js.
You can download and use it this link.
jquery-1.2.6-intellisense.js (133.42 kb)