1 July 2008 08:28
A lot of new features and tweaks have been implemented in version 1.4.
On top of all the tasks in the roadmap, more than 140 work items
reported by the community made it. That’s a lot.
Here are some of new features:
- Universal database provider (MySQL, SQL Server, VistaDB, Oracle etc.)
- Drag ‘n drop widget framework (prototype video)
- Author profiles using ASP.NET profile provider
- Password encryption
- Better performance
- Tag selector in control panel
- Semantic formats (FOAF, SIOC and APML)
You can read more about the new BlogEngine.NET 1.4 features at the official release note. If you wish to upgrade, then Al Nyveldt have written an excellent upgrade guide you should check out.
You can download BlogEngine.NET 1.4 here.